Sunday, May 24, 2009

Karl May Magazine Jubilee





I need a way to clone myself....Because of other commitments, I had to miss three festivals I would have loved to have attended this weekend -- this year's annual Karl May Fest in Radebeul, Germany, the European World of Bluegrass, in Holland, and the Acoustic Music Festival in Sarzana, Italy (this year dedicated to Woody Guthrie.) Oh yes, the International Country Music Festival at Belmont University, where I spoke last year, also takes place this weekend, and I'm not there either.

I had a great time at the Karl May Fest last year, and also in 2005, and I wrote about it on this blog. As part of this year's festivities, the magazine Karl May & Co, which is dedicated to all things Karl May, celebrated its 25th anniversary. Congratulations! Click HERE to see my other blog posts and photos on the Magazine, the Festival and other Karl May related info.

Next weekend I'm going to miss even more festivals -- the annual Trucker and Country Festival in Geiselwind, Germany and the Jamboree folk and bluegrass festival at Strakonice, CZ.

There's just too much!

No comments: